What Does "Installation Error: 1311. Source file not found: E:\Data1.cab." Mean? - CX-Drive
This is a Microsoft Windows security error that occurs when the Windows Installer running as the local system user is denied access to the .cab file. There are two ways to avoid this error:
- Option 1: Copy the installation files to your hard drive and run the installation from there.
- Option 2: Change the Security Option, as follows:
1. Choose Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Choose Local Security Policy.
3. Expand the Local Policies folder.
4. Choose Security Options.
5. From the right pane, depending on Windows version, select one of the following:
6. Change your selection to Disabled.
- Devices: Restrict CD-ROM access to locally logged-on user only.
- Restrict CD-ROM access to locally logged-on user only.
7. Reboot your PC.
Enter example here