Why Do I Get The Error "Valid software protection not found. External communications have been disabled" when I start CX-Supervisor?
When CX-Supervisor can't start communications due to a dongle problem, the error message in the Error Log will be:
"Valid software protection not found. External communications have been disabled"
This error message will come up for the following reasons:
|No Dongle inserted into machine
||Insert Valid CX-Supervisor Dongle into the PC
|Dongle driver not installed/working - no light in dongle
Using command prompt, navigate to the CX-Supervisor folder: C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Supervisor\
type "haspdinst -install"
When driver is working there is a light inside the dongle.
|Dongle is machine edition and project is built as PLUS in developer
Check the markings on the side of the Dongle - If it says ME then you need to build runtime in Machine Edition.
In CX-Supervisor Developer, go to Project->Runtime Settings->Target Settings and ensure project is Machine Edition.
|Dongle is not CX-Supervisor Dongle - could be NS Runtime.
||Markings on side of dongle should show CX-SUPER followed by type and version, other dongles will not work. You must locate CX-Supervisor dongle.
|Dongle is v1.3 dongle
||Old v1.3 CX-Supervisor dongles have no markings on the Side and will not work with v2 or greater. You must use the correct dongle for your version of CX-Supervisor.
- Advanced method to uninstall Windows driver if necessary:
- Open Device Manager
- Find the 3 HASP devices under USB devices
- Select "Uninstall Driver", and be sure to select option "Remove drive files"
- Advanced method of uninstalling HASP driver: use command line
haspdinst.exe -kp -r -fr -v -purge
- Advanced method of reinstalling HASP driver: use command line
haspdinst.exe -i -fi -kp -fss
- For diagnostics, use your web browser to open http://localhost:1947